Here’s something tasty for you to try. Feel free to make changes, based on your specific dietary needs. Enjoy!!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil (drained from sun dried tomatoes, see below)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups uncooked Barilla Gluten Free penne pasta
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, drained (reserve 2 tablespoons oil to use for sautéing, see above)
- 1 14-oz can no-salt added diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups packed chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup shaved or grated parmesan cheese
- Using the oil drained from the sun dried tomatoes, heat in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add diced onion and saute for 3 minutes. Add in minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Add chicken; cook until browned, approximately 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and uncooked pasta. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, bringing to a simmer.
- Cover with a lid and continue to cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the pasta is al dente and most of the water has reduced.
- Remove the lid and add in the sun dried tomatoes, diced tomatoes, salt, pepper and rosemary. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes, or until most of the water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir in the fresh basil and spinach. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.