One of my favorite times of the year is summer. Aside from the sweltering heat, summer is great because there are so many delicious fresh fruit and vegetable options. We’re lucky enough to have a garden and our zucchini and tomatoes are finally ready. What better way to enjoy than by making a delicious meal. Enjoy!
for 12 zucchini cups
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 medium zucchinis, plus 1/3 cup (50 grams) diced
- 6 large eggs
- ⅓ cup diced tomato
- ⅓ cup mushroom, diced
- ½ cup milk
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Trim the ends from the zucchini, then slice lengthwise with a vegetable peeler.
- Line the muffin cups with the zucchini strips.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, tomato, diced zucchini, mushroom, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Add a bit of crumbled feta to each zucchini cup.
- Divide the egg mixture evenly among the cups.
- Bake for 18 minutes, until the edges are slightly browned.