As the weather gets hotter, salads start to look more and more appealing to me. Quick preparation, fresh ingredients, and no need to slave over a hot stove or put something in the oven, which essentially makes your home an oven as well.
I am a sucker for spinach salads with fruit and this recipe includes two of my favorites, pears and cranberries. I prefer to make my salad sans chicken, but if you’re looking to add some extra protein feel free to add it in. Enjoy!
For 1 serving
APPLE CIDER VINAIGRETTE
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into 1/2-inch (1 cm) pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pear, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberry
- 2 tablespoons toasted unsalted walnut, chopped
- Add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- On a cutting board, season the chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the sliced pear, spinach, cranberries, walnuts, and cooked chicken, and dress with the vinaigrette.
- Calories 548
- Fat 49g
- Carbs 23g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.(source: https://tasty.co/recipe/chicken-cranberry-and-pear-spinach-salad/)