It’s been a while since we’ve shared a solid dessert recipe. Diabetics need dessert too! Maybe even more so than non-diabetics. So what we’ve done is try to find recipes that will taste great even without the required sugar. Hopefully this recipe for low fat brownies does that effectively!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Splenda (non-diabetic recipe calls for real sugar)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pureed prunes baby food
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8×8 inch square pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, sugar, and salt. Pour in oil, vanilla, prunes, and eggs. Mix until everything is well blended. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until top is shiny and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.