9 May, 2016
Cauliflower Fried Rice
This Cauliflower Fried Rice dish is a great alternative to standard chicken or pork fried rice. This recipe is so good it might even be difficult for you to tell the difference between this and a standard chicken fried rice dish.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- Place cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it’s in small pieces and looks like rice.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot; add cauliflower, peas and carrots and cook for 5 minutes. Add soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper, mix well.
- Coat a small skillet with cooking spray, add eggs and scramble until light and fluffy. Stir eggs into cauliflower until well combined.
- Cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender. Stir in scallions and serve.