4 June, 2015
Turkey and Veggie Chili
From time to time we like to share articles from other healthy, diabetic websites. This recipe was taken from Turkey & Veggie Chili – Diabetes.org and we encourage readers to also use them as a source when searching for good quality diabetic recipes.
This Recipe Serves 8
- cooking spray
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 medium zucchini (6 ounces), diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 16 oz lean ground turkey
- 1 (14.5 oz) can, no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 oz) can, no-salt-added crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15.8 oz) can great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.25 oz) can no-salt-added kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Spray a large soup pot with cooking spray. Add the onions, carrots, and zucchini, and sauté over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until the onions turn clear. Add the garlic and sauté 30 more seconds.
- Add the ground turkey and cook until brown. Add the remaining ingredients; mix well and bring the chili to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Recipe Cost = $10.00
Choices/Exchanges: 1 Starch, 2 Nonstarchy Vegetable, 2 Lean Protein
MAKE IT GLUTEN-FREE: Confirm all ingredients are gluten-free and this dish can be made gluten-free.
– Recipe taken from diabetes.org