11 July, 2016
Quick & Easy Moo Shoo Chicken
It’s a busy world and it’s bad enough when you have to cook for yourself but even more difficult when you’re diabetic. No worries though, we have you covered!
This week we are going to start a series of “crock-pot” driven recipes that you can basically whip up, throw in the crock-pot and then go run errands and return to a fresh, healthy home cooked meal! (Diabetic safe of course…)
This Moo Shoo Chicken recipe is the first. Chinese foods are great for diabetics as they typically contain a lot of rice and vegetables.
- 12-ounce bag broccoli slaw
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 3 ½ tablespoons hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 low-carb whole wheat tortillas
- Layer the slaw mix and carrots in the bottom of crockpot. Top with the chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix the hoisin sauce, chicken broth, garlic, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Pour over the chicken mixture and set the crockpot to high for 4-6 hours.
- Warm the low-carb tortillas and serve 1 ½ cups of mixture over each tortilla.
(recipe sourced from: http://www.diabetes.org/mfa-recipes/recipes/2014-09-crock-pot-moo-shu-chicken.html)